Each year, we evaluate the CA fall recruit process to make sure it’s meeting the needs of students and firms across BC. Be prepared for this year’s fall recruit by familiarizing yourself with the 2012 calendar and changes to the application process.
- Elimination of CACEE Forms. Firms in BC will no longer be asking students to submit CACEE Forms. Instead, you’ll just need to fill out this application form for each firm you’re applying to, and submit it along with a cover letter, resume and transcript.
- Already started working on your CACEE Form? Good for you! And worry not – most sections of the CACEE Form should still be incorporated into your resume. Your cover letter should look just like the CACEE Form Back Page.
- Over the summer we’ll be interviewing recruiters to get tips and tricks for putting your applications together. Follow us on Twitter and Facebook so you know exactly when these posts go up.
- Fewer Events in Vancouver. Instead of school-specific recruiting events in Vancouver, we’re holding two large events that will be open to all students in the Lower Mainland. The September 6th event will be for national firms, while the September 7th event will be for midsize firms.
- Check out the calendar for more info and stay tuned for details on location, timing, and how to register.
- New Application, Interview and Offer Deadlines. This year, applications to CATOs in the Lower Mainland and Vancouver Island will be due on September 13th at 7:00 am. Mark this important date down!
- Interviews will take place September 18th – October 4th, offers will go out on October 5th, and the deadline for offer acceptances is October 17th.
- Different Calendar Outside of the Lower Mainland. There is a separate fall recruit calendar for students wishing to apply to firms in the Okanagan, Kamloops or Prince George. If you’re a student at TRU, UBC-O, OC, or UNBC make sure you familiarize yourself with this calendar. But remember – if you wish to apply to firms in the Lower Mainland or Vancouver Island, you have to get your applications in by September 13th.
- Don’t forget! CA Recruit is a year-round activity. There are networking events, office tours and other opportunities for you to meet firm reps during the summer. Stay informed and get out to as many events as you can before September.